Nick developed arguably the worlds best fried chicken recipe for a BBQ a few summers back... it's easy and you can feed a whole tribe on them!
Prep time: 20-30mins
- ¼ cup / 60 ml Huffman's Hot Sauce
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper - fine ground
- 1 cup canola oil - for shallow frying
- 1kg chicken pieces (we like to use a mix of wings and drumsticks)
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow bowl and moisten with half of the Huffman's Hot Sauce.
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and black pepper into a bowl and give it a good mix to distribute seasonings evenly.
- Dust your moistened chicken pieces with about half of your seasoned flour mix and place them on to a tray.
- Get your oil nice and hot in a wok or shallow frying pan and shallow fry the chicken for a couple of minutes in small batches so that the oil remains nice and hot (it should sizzle and bubble but not smoke).
- After a couple of mins whip out the chicken pieces and chuck the rest of your Huffman's on them and dust them once more with your remaining flour mixture and return them to the wok or pan frying them until browned and crisp all over.
Drain on paper towels and then serve with some Huffman's
on the side.